Powered by Blogger.

Vlog 14: Welcoming autumn season, and vintage shopping (mini haul)


Good day earthlings! We will have short blog post today and I wish you all a good and fun Halloween!! My Halloween vlog will be uploaded the following week.

I'm really excited to be sharing my first autumn vlog ever. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons because it starts to get colder and I can finally be warm and cozy with my sweaters and boots. I also love the smell of crisp Fall leaves and witnessing the changing of leaves in trees. Although there is not much greenery around the city but I still love it. 

Walnut Carrot Cake Muffins

The recipe "Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins" I made on today's vlog is by Joey Firoben from tasty.co. Please click the link to read the complete instructions for the muffins. I enjoyed making this because it's only a one bowl recipe. Just put all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix all of it. You won't need a stand or hand mixer to do this and the recipe calls for a maple syrup (I haven't tried using white sugar as the sweetener but I think it will be just fine). Maple is one of my favorite Fall flavors. It's really hard for me to like some pumpkin flavored recipes. I didn't really grow up having pumpkin flavored desserts or pies but I do love pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. 

Even though my vlog didn't feature pumpkin flavored desserts I hope you guys will still enjoy and be encouraged to make these tasty muffins. I personally added chopped raw walnuts and filled the muffins with cream cheese frosting. I love the sweet and crunchy texture to the muffins. 


Got some uneven ones





Vintage shopping and mini haul

I'm most excited about this part of the vlog. I really enjoyed shopping for vintage items. They're so precious and the pieces are unique for a good price. It's like finding a treasure in a pile of lost items. Do some of you enjoy them too? And what items do you look for? I like looking for vintage dessert plates and home decorations. 

Most of my friends and family might not know this about me but I do have a great appreciation for Victorian era and vintage things. I'm not a collector but when I see one and I know it will be a good use at home. I purchase it. 

I got a jewelry box, a set of floral coaster and a vintage mirror. I'm not sure if the people I spoke to were owners of the shop but they were so sweet and helpful. I will definitely come back and shop for more vintage items.






No comments

Please be kind and respectful enough with your comments.