Powered by Blogger.

I think I'm ready to learn more about Korean cuisine!



Just a heads up, the topic of this post is mostly about The Return of Superman ;-)

These past few weeks of being in quarantine. I've been binge watching The Return of Superman on YouTube. I've always loved this show since the triplets - Daehan, Minguk and Manse. Very very veryyyyy cute kids! Also you might remember this viral video from BBC News three years ago. They were also featured in the show but not for too long. I'm not sure why they didn't last long. Here's their link. Let me know what you think.




The Return of Superman is a popular reality tv show for Korean dads who babysit their babies/kids which I think is very unique and entertaining. I can't help but dream of my own kids someday. Hehe. My favorite thing they do is when they go to the convenient stores by themselves. You will see how easily distracted they are. Lol! If I would pursue a career in tv production, I'd be happily to apply for whatever position they have available. I currently love Jamjam and the Hammington brothers. Here's the link on YouTube if you're interested to watch it. E v e r y  s i n g l e time I watch the show I couldn't help but salivate on the foods they were eating. They all looked so good and delicious! This is the reason why I only watch the show in the morning. Lol!

Since we're in the middle of a pandemic, most Korean restaurants are closed. So there's no way I can have any of Korean foods besides ramyeon. Hence, why I decided to make Korean meatballs. I wanted to do something easy and fast. And thank God I already have most of the ingredients needed for this recipe. The only thing I didn't have was the Gochujang - a hot red pepper paste. This is our main ingredient for the meatballs and the glaze. (Oh yes, shoutout to my sister who was also the inspiration for this dish). I'm quite familiar with this ingredient. I've seen this in bibimbap which is one of my favorite Korean foods.

I never made meatballs from scratch before. I thought I was going to have a hard time looking for the ingredients. It was my main concern because I can't read nor speak Korean I also didn't want to spend most of my time in the store looking for ingredients because of the virus. But it went so quick in the store. Yay!




The recipe is by Meghan from Fox and Briar. If you're a home cook or loves to cook. This will be very easy for you. My overall rating for this recipe is 10/10. I like the fact that the ingredients are simple and I can make this ahead of time or store it in the freezer. My husband loved it so much! I did too of course. Though if you're not a fan of spicy food, I would just take it easy on the Gochujang since it's a spicy paste. My personal serving suggestion for this is hot white rice and add furikake as a topping. Once again thanks to Meghan for sharing her recipe online. I hope I did justice on your recipe ;-)




This is not my first time cooking a Korean dish. My first was Galbi Jjim and I also cooked Beef Bulgogi. I like eating bulgogi with lettuce wraps and kimchi. In fact, it was the dish I presented for my internship in 2014. Honestly, I'm trying to slowly incorporate Korean cuisine in my life. I enjoyed every dishes I've tried in the past. So I would like to learn more about Korean cuisine. So please tell me your favorite Korean dishes, snacks or drinks.... any Korean food must-haves. Thank you! :-)


P.S.
Watch out for the vlog soon. I filmed myself going to grocery store and while making the meatballs :-P

Update on blog post:
I already uploaded the vlog for this. Please like and subscribe :-) 



No comments

Please be kind and respectful enough with your comments.