Powered by Blogger.

May 10th

A birthday I will never forget

I never thought I'd be celebrating this special day with my second family and three or five years from now I will look back and think of all the sacrifices, worries and lessons I encountered and ask myself, "Why did I even feel scared?".

I would say I'm in the age where some people would expect me to be this and that just because they think that's the right path to take on. It's because everyone else is doing it. It's a "societal thing". To be honest, I already made one mistake I doubted myself and didn't have enough courage to pursue of becoming an IT professional and/or web designer. I knew when internet is becoming popular - there was Multiply, Friendster, Xanga and many other websites. I was very amazed and in loved with how web designers can make their home page look very nice and cute. I knew that time I wanted to become one. There was also a time when I wanted to work for a magazine company. Those were the things that made me push to become part of the web designing world. If not a baker at least become one of them. I don't want to elaborate this here though.

I have all the power and time in the world to make those dreams well at least one of them come to life. And it's just me limiting myself. Right? I'm one those people who has dreams but then has many lame excuses. :'(

Now I am here, reflecting on some decisions I made in the past and realized I should not feel terrible with myself just because I did one mistake. There were twists and turns in my life and even though I made a few mistakes. I came to a point in my life, to accept, bury and learn from it. It's not too late to make my dreams into reality. I am actually really happy and living one of my dreams. It's difficult, challenging, and everyday I learn a few things. I married the man of my life last December 17, 2016 and I'd tell you it was like a fairytale in our real world. It was a magical feeling being as one in the eyes of God. He will be with me no matter how many wrong decisions I will make in the future. He will still be there through my happiest and worst days.

And from this day forward, I promise myself to still pursue my dreams, not be scared to try new things and make mistakes. The only limit in this world is myself. I'm done what others may think of me. 

I am me. I make my own story.

Happy birthday again dearest, Karen! ;-)


No comments

Please be kind and respectful enough with your comments.