Powered by Blogger.

Sayonara Carson City...



Wanderlust 

It's so nice to finally leave the small and quiet city. It's crazy to think that it was only last year when we packed our belongings and decided to move to Las Vegas. Of course, it took us  y e a r s  and  c o u r a g e  to decide on it. It wasn't an overnight decision. We had to sit down and list down our options whether it's doable or if this didn't go as planned this is what we're going to do etc...

Since we got married, we promised ourselves to work on a few things before moving. We set a time frame for ourselves to fulfill our own goal/task. We also made sure we have enough savings to keep us afloat just in case one of us is still unemployed. Deciding where and when to do it was already hard but when we were in the process of moving like leaving our current jobs and looking for another job in Las Vegas was even harder. We faced some issues along the way.

In a week, we had to drive to Vegas for job interviews then go back after three days because I didn't have enough paid time off. It was insane and nerve wrecking. It came to a point when I had to quit early as planned because I was already on the negative. So I just quit hoping that the employer would call me back. I applied for many jobs out of them I only had four-five interviews. Fortunately, one of them called me back and hired me. Though I waited for two-three months before I started working. I'm just glad and grateful we made it with the help of our families and few relatives too. They guided and comforted us when we were feeling hopeless. So thank you to all.

As for our trip from Carson City to Las Vegas, it was kind of fun and a little tiring. We drove for seven hours. We switched turn in driving so it was great. It's like we were on vacation. We saw cool rock formations but most of it was just flat.. a desert basically... And in between, there were tinee tiny towns. Just like in the movies....

We had to wake up around 2am so we can arrive around lunch time. We were also lucky we moved during summertime so the daytime was longer. This is a short video I compiled on the road...



I also want to share one of the playlist we listened to while we were on the road. Every song gave me chills while driving (but this is by far my favorite of all) Since college, I always wanted to go on a road trip with someone special. I loved every moment of it. Thank you mon amour for trusting me.

If you have any questions about moving in general or services we used you may comment them down below or write to me. I'd be happy to help you.











No comments

Please be kind and respectful enough with your comments.